I decided to start this blog because I feel there is some merit in documenting the process, such as it is, in becoming a member of the game development community. As far as wildly popular commercial industries go the game development industry is pretty elusive. How many people do you know in the field? Now, how many people do you know that play games?
While it is by no means impossible to become a game developer, it is a hard business to break into. You can go to school to become a filmaker or a music composer and there are many formal programs around the country to support these professions. Schools for game development, on the other hand, number less than a dozen and I myself dont want to spend the money on a specialty program that will provide me with a more limited job potential than a normal college degree.
For this reason I am attending the University of Texas in Austin, Texas focusing on both Radio-Television-Film production and Computer Science.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment